We hope you enjoy your visit to Andrea’s Soft Play. Here’s the boring, but very important, stuff. Please read the following details:
The very nature of children’s play activity means that accidents can occasionally happen. We are not a childcare facility and therefore parents and guardians are responsible for the behaviour and well-being of the children in their care at all times.
The main play area is for under 6’s and the smaller baby area for Under 2’s. Parents taking younger children onto the main play frame are responsible for the safety of their child at all times. Parents/Guardians must note the individual safety signs around the play area, please make sure the children adhere to these rules. These are for your child’s safety and Andrea’s Soft Play and Cafe does not accept any responsibility for any breach of these rules.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- No shoes are to be worn on the play structure or the soft mats surrounding them.
- Leave badges and jewelry with a responsible adult.
- Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
- We recommend that children wear long sleeves and trousers to avoid friction burns on the slides. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. We cannot be held responsible for friction burns.
- Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
- Andrea’s Soft Play and Cafe cannot accept responsibility for personal belongings at any time. Items are left unattended at the owner’s risk.
Play Structure Rules
- Please do not play in front of the slide exits.
- No sharp objects may be taken into the play area.
- It is forbidden to climb up the slides or on the netted walls or the system structure.
- No food, drink or chewing gum should be taken into the play equipment.
Food & Drink
- NO ALCOHOL on the premises.
- Only food and drink purchased from Andrea’s Cafe may be consumed on the premises. The exception to this would be baby products or for children with allergies which must be brought to the managers attention before food is consumed.
- In the interest of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
- No party decorations on the walls (it takes the paint off the walls).
- No face painting.
- Please put party rubbish in the green bin outside.
- Only cold party food and drinks.
- No bubble or smoke machines, only normal candles.
General Health & Safety
- It is forbidden to smoke within the building.
- Children who are unwell or have been unwell must not visit Andrea’s Cafe and Soft Play for a period of 48 hours after the last occurrence. Children who become unwell must leave immediately.
- Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before re-entering the play area.
- Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of re-occurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
- All damages to Andrea’s Soft Play property either accidental or deliberate must be reported to a member of staff.
- Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. should be conducted in the baby changing/Toilet areas. Please place nappies in the correct bins provided.
- Abusive or aggressive behavior including inappropriate behaviour towards any member of staff or the public will not be tolerated from either adults or children. Guilty parties will be asked to leave immediately and the police may be called.
- Any customer found breaching any of these rules may be asked to leave.
- Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that the children in their care do not overheat. Fresh water is always available from Andrea’s cafe.
BY PAYING OUR ENTRANCE FEE PARENTS/GUARDIANS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD OUR RULES OF PLAY IN FULL
Andrea’s Soft Play encourages children to play, run free and explore in a safe and stimulating environment. As such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. We have taken every reasonable step to control these risks through the design, maintenance and operation of our facility. It is however impossible to eliminate such risks completely whilst providing a stimulating environment and parents / guardians must recognise and accept these risks.
We appreciate your cooperation in all matters.